Jul 31, 2010, 12:04 PM EST
UPDATE: Harmonic convergence between the Westbrook and Ludwick rumors. It’s a three-way deal. The Padres get Ryan Ludwick. The Cardinals get Jake Westbrook and a prospect from the Padres. The Indians get prospects only, one of whom is known to be AA pitcher Corey Kluber. Tom Krasovic says it’s done all except for the union OK.
This is a bit of a head-scratcher for St. Louis, I think. Westbrook is a nice addition and gives them a strong 1-4 rotation, but they really can’t afford to lose a bat at the moment.
11:53 A.M.: Anthony Castrovince is now saying that a third team may be involved in the Westbrook deal.
11:25 A.M.: Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer tweets that the Indians and Cardinals are close to a deal for Jake Westbrook.
As D.J. noted last night, he seems like a pretty good fit for St. Louis. As Aaron noted a few minutes ago, he’s still listed as the starter for today’s Indians game. I’m guessing we’ll hear about him being scratched for someone else before we hear about the deal actually going down.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)