Jul 31, 2010, 12:26 PM EST
UPDATE: And now he’s been scratched from the start, about 30 minutes before the first pitch, with a move to the Cardinals expected.
Amid rumors that the Cardinals and various other teams are making a run at him, as of right now Jake Westbrook is still listed as the Indians’ starter for this afternoon’s game against the Blue Jays.
First pitch is scheduled for 1:07 p.m. EST and presumably the Indians won’t let him take the mound if they think they have a deal in place. The trade deadline is 4:00 p.m. EST.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)