Jul 31, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Kerry Wood was activated from the 15-day disabled list and will be available for Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays, according to the team. He’ll take the place of Austin Kearns on the 25-man roster.
Wood has been on the disabled list since July 12 due to a blister on his right index finger. Limited to just 23 appearances this season, the 33-year-old right-hander has a 6.30 ERA and eight saves in 11 chances.
His return is interestingly timed, however he is highly unlikely to be traded today. He is a name to watch in August, though.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)