Jul 31, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Kerry Wood was activated from the 15-day disabled list and will be available for Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays, according to the team. He’ll take the place of Austin Kearns on the 25-man roster.
Wood has been on the disabled list since July 12 due to a blister on his right index finger. Limited to just 23 appearances this season, the 33-year-old right-hander has a 6.30 ERA and eight saves in 11 chances.
His return is interestingly timed, however he is highly unlikely to be traded today. He is a name to watch in August, though.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)