Jul 31, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Kerry Wood was activated from the 15-day disabled list and will be available for Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays, according to the team. He’ll take the place of Austin Kearns on the 25-man roster.
Wood has been on the disabled list since July 12 due to a blister on his right index finger. Limited to just 23 appearances this season, the 33-year-old right-hander has a 6.30 ERA and eight saves in 11 chances.
His return is interestingly timed, however he is highly unlikely to be traded today. He is a name to watch in August, though.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)