Jul 31, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Kerry Wood was activated from the 15-day disabled list and will be available for Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays, according to the team. He’ll take the place of Austin Kearns on the 25-man roster.
Wood has been on the disabled list since July 12 due to a blister on his right index finger. Limited to just 23 appearances this season, the 33-year-old right-hander has a 6.30 ERA and eight saves in 11 chances.
His return is interestingly timed, however he is highly unlikely to be traded today. He is a name to watch in August, though.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)