Jul 31, 2010, 11:10 AM EST
Kerry Wood was activated from the 15-day disabled list and will be available for Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays, according to the team. He’ll take the place of Austin Kearns on the 25-man roster.
Wood has been on the disabled list since July 12 due to a blister on his right index finger. Limited to just 23 appearances this season, the 33-year-old right-hander has a 6.30 ERA and eight saves in 11 chances.
His return is interestingly timed, however he is highly unlikely to be traded today. He is a name to watch in August, though.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)