Jul 31, 2010, 1:05 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Martin Prado was diagnosed with a ”stable avulsion fracture” of his right pinky finger.
The team has yet to make a decision about a possible DL stint, but Prado might only need to miss seven to 10 days. That’s pretty much the best news any Braves fan could have hoped for. Frank Wren probably won’t have to go digging for a second baseman at the last minute.
1:15 AM: It’s probably safe to go to bed now. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that X-rays were inconclusive. He’ll be re-evaluated Saturday. That certainly doesn’t make Frank Wren’s job any easier.
12:42 AM: Jubilation quickly turned to anxiety for the Braves on Friday night.
Jason Heyward delivered a go-ahead two-run single in a thrilling 6-4 win over the Reds in 10 innings. The Braves increased their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Phillies in the National League East in doing so, however everyone is holding their breath for All-Star second baseman Martin Prado right now.
Prado injured the pinky finger on his right hand while sliding to score the sixth run of the game. He was taken for X-rays, but according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the team has yet to release the results. We’ll be sure to let you know once they do.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)