Jul 31, 2010, 1:05 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Martin Prado was diagnosed with a ”stable avulsion fracture” of his right pinky finger.
The team has yet to make a decision about a possible DL stint, but Prado might only need to miss seven to 10 days. That’s pretty much the best news any Braves fan could have hoped for. Frank Wren probably won’t have to go digging for a second baseman at the last minute.
1:15 AM: It’s probably safe to go to bed now. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that X-rays were inconclusive. He’ll be re-evaluated Saturday. That certainly doesn’t make Frank Wren’s job any easier.
12:42 AM: Jubilation quickly turned to anxiety for the Braves on Friday night.
Jason Heyward delivered a go-ahead two-run single in a thrilling 6-4 win over the Reds in 10 innings. The Braves increased their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Phillies in the National League East in doing so, however everyone is holding their breath for All-Star second baseman Martin Prado right now.
Prado injured the pinky finger on his right hand while sliding to score the sixth run of the game. He was taken for X-rays, but according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the team has yet to release the results. We’ll be sure to let you know once they do.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)