Jul 31, 2010, 1:05 PM EST
UPDATE: According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Martin Prado was diagnosed with a ”stable avulsion fracture” of his right pinky finger.
The team has yet to make a decision about a possible DL stint, but Prado might only need to miss seven to 10 days. That’s pretty much the best news any Braves fan could have hoped for. Frank Wren probably won’t have to go digging for a second baseman at the last minute.
1:15 AM: It’s probably safe to go to bed now. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that X-rays were inconclusive. He’ll be re-evaluated Saturday. That certainly doesn’t make Frank Wren’s job any easier.
12:42 AM: Jubilation quickly turned to anxiety for the Braves on Friday night.
Jason Heyward delivered a go-ahead two-run single in a thrilling 6-4 win over the Reds in 10 innings. The Braves increased their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Phillies in the National League East in doing so, however everyone is holding their breath for All-Star second baseman Martin Prado right now.
Prado injured the pinky finger on his right hand while sliding to score the sixth run of the game. He was taken for X-rays, but according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the team has yet to release the results. We’ll be sure to let you know once they do.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)