Jul 31, 2010, 1:05 PM EST
UPDATE: According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Martin Prado was diagnosed with a ”stable avulsion fracture” of his right pinky finger.
The team has yet to make a decision about a possible DL stint, but Prado might only need to miss seven to 10 days. That’s pretty much the best news any Braves fan could have hoped for. Frank Wren probably won’t have to go digging for a second baseman at the last minute.
1:15 AM: It’s probably safe to go to bed now. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that X-rays were inconclusive. He’ll be re-evaluated Saturday. That certainly doesn’t make Frank Wren’s job any easier.
12:42 AM: Jubilation quickly turned to anxiety for the Braves on Friday night.
Jason Heyward delivered a go-ahead two-run single in a thrilling 6-4 win over the Reds in 10 innings. The Braves increased their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Phillies in the National League East in doing so, however everyone is holding their breath for All-Star second baseman Martin Prado right now.
Prado injured the pinky finger on his right hand while sliding to score the sixth run of the game. He was taken for X-rays, but according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the team has yet to release the results. We’ll be sure to let you know once they do.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)