Jul 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Oliver Perez will not agree to a second minor league assignment.
The left-hander has only made two appearances since re-joining the team on July 21 and hasn’t pitched since giving up a walkoff home run to James Loney in an extra-inning loss to the Dodgers last Saturday. According to Heyman, Mets manager Jerry Manuel has already told Perez that he will not pitch him at home.
So, for those keeping score, Perez is the Mets’ emergency left-handed specialist, but only on the road. Pretty good gig, man.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)