Jul 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Oliver Perez will not agree to a second minor league assignment.
The left-hander has only made two appearances since re-joining the team on July 21 and hasn’t pitched since giving up a walkoff home run to James Loney in an extra-inning loss to the Dodgers last Saturday. According to Heyman, Mets manager Jerry Manuel has already told Perez that he will not pitch him at home.
So, for those keeping score, Perez is the Mets’ emergency left-handed specialist, but only on the road. Pretty good gig, man.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)