Jul 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Oliver Perez will not agree to a second minor league assignment.
The left-hander has only made two appearances since re-joining the team on July 21 and hasn’t pitched since giving up a walkoff home run to James Loney in an extra-inning loss to the Dodgers last Saturday. According to Heyman, Mets manager Jerry Manuel has already told Perez that he will not pitch him at home.
So, for those keeping score, Perez is the Mets’ emergency left-handed specialist, but only on the road. Pretty good gig, man.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)