Jul 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Oliver Perez will not agree to a second minor league assignment.
The left-hander has only made two appearances since re-joining the team on July 21 and hasn’t pitched since giving up a walkoff home run to James Loney in an extra-inning loss to the Dodgers last Saturday. According to Heyman, Mets manager Jerry Manuel has already told Perez that he will not pitch him at home.
So, for those keeping score, Perez is the Mets’ emergency left-handed specialist, but only on the road. Pretty good gig, man.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)