Jul 31, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Oliver Perez will not agree to a second minor league assignment.
The left-hander has only made two appearances since re-joining the team on July 21 and hasn’t pitched since giving up a walkoff home run to James Loney in an extra-inning loss to the Dodgers last Saturday. According to Heyman, Mets manager Jerry Manuel has already told Perez that he will not pitch him at home.
So, for those keeping score, Perez is the Mets’ emergency left-handed specialist, but only on the road. Pretty good gig, man.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)