Jul 31, 2010, 3:22 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Red Sox “will not trade Mike Lowell” before this afternoon’s deadline.
Boston hasn’t even activated Lowell from the disabled list yet despite his being ready to return following an impressive five-game rehab assignment at Triple-A, keeping him in roster limbo while they work on other deals.
However, because his remaining salary makes him unlikely to be claimed off waivers this afternoon’s deadline doesn’t really apply to Lowell. Instead, the Red Sox can work from now until August 31 to find a fit for him. Assuming there’s one to be found at any point, of course.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 18
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 44
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)