Jul 31, 2010, 3:22 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Red Sox “will not trade Mike Lowell” before this afternoon’s deadline.
Boston hasn’t even activated Lowell from the disabled list yet despite his being ready to return following an impressive five-game rehab assignment at Triple-A, keeping him in roster limbo while they work on other deals.
However, because his remaining salary makes him unlikely to be claimed off waivers this afternoon’s deadline doesn’t really apply to Lowell. Instead, the Red Sox can work from now until August 31 to find a fit for him. Assuming there’s one to be found at any point, of course.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)