Jul 31, 2010, 3:22 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Red Sox “will not trade Mike Lowell” before this afternoon’s deadline.
Boston hasn’t even activated Lowell from the disabled list yet despite his being ready to return following an impressive five-game rehab assignment at Triple-A, keeping him in roster limbo while they work on other deals.
However, because his remaining salary makes him unlikely to be claimed off waivers this afternoon’s deadline doesn’t really apply to Lowell. Instead, the Red Sox can work from now until August 31 to find a fit for him. Assuming there’s one to be found at any point, of course.
- Carlos Carrasco loses no-hitter with one out to go vs. Rays 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 69
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)