Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Stark reports that the Cubs are “likely” to send Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers. We already know that the Yankees are out, so it sounds like this could get done.
1:06 AM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com provides an update on Buster Olney’s report, saying that it’s unlikely the Dodgers and Cubs will reach an agreement on Ted Lilly tonight, however a source tells him that they are moving in a “positive” direction.
11:51 PM, Friday: According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Dodgers are “closing in” on a trade for Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly.
Lilly is 3-8 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP over 18 starts this season. He is owed approximately $4.3 million for the rest of this season, so you’d have to assume the Cubs would throw some money in.
Just a little while ago, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reported that the Dodgers were weighing a deal for just Lilly and another that includes infielder Ryan Theriot.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)