Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Stark reports that the Cubs are “likely” to send Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers. We already know that the Yankees are out, so it sounds like this could get done.
1:06 AM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com provides an update on Buster Olney’s report, saying that it’s unlikely the Dodgers and Cubs will reach an agreement on Ted Lilly tonight, however a source tells him that they are moving in a “positive” direction.
11:51 PM, Friday: According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Dodgers are “closing in” on a trade for Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly.
Lilly is 3-8 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP over 18 starts this season. He is owed approximately $4.3 million for the rest of this season, so you’d have to assume the Cubs would throw some money in.
Just a little while ago, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reported that the Dodgers were weighing a deal for just Lilly and another that includes infielder Ryan Theriot.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (202)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)