Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Stark reports that the Cubs are “likely” to send Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers. We already know that the Yankees are out, so it sounds like this could get done.
1:06 AM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com provides an update on Buster Olney’s report, saying that it’s unlikely the Dodgers and Cubs will reach an agreement on Ted Lilly tonight, however a source tells him that they are moving in a “positive” direction.
11:51 PM, Friday: According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Dodgers are “closing in” on a trade for Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly.
Lilly is 3-8 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP over 18 starts this season. He is owed approximately $4.3 million for the rest of this season, so you’d have to assume the Cubs would throw some money in.
Just a little while ago, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reported that the Dodgers were weighing a deal for just Lilly and another that includes infielder Ryan Theriot.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 38
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)