Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Stark reports that the Cubs are “likely” to send Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers. We already know that the Yankees are out, so it sounds like this could get done.
1:06 AM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com provides an update on Buster Olney’s report, saying that it’s unlikely the Dodgers and Cubs will reach an agreement on Ted Lilly tonight, however a source tells him that they are moving in a “positive” direction.
11:51 PM, Friday: According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Dodgers are “closing in” on a trade for Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly.
Lilly is 3-8 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP over 18 starts this season. He is owed approximately $4.3 million for the rest of this season, so you’d have to assume the Cubs would throw some money in.
Just a little while ago, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reported that the Dodgers were weighing a deal for just Lilly and another that includes infielder Ryan Theriot.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)