Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Stark reports that the Cubs are “likely” to send Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers. We already know that the Yankees are out, so it sounds like this could get done.
1:06 AM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com provides an update on Buster Olney’s report, saying that it’s unlikely the Dodgers and Cubs will reach an agreement on Ted Lilly tonight, however a source tells him that they are moving in a “positive” direction.
11:51 PM, Friday: According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Dodgers are “closing in” on a trade for Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly.
Lilly is 3-8 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP over 18 starts this season. He is owed approximately $4.3 million for the rest of this season, so you’d have to assume the Cubs would throw some money in.
Just a little while ago, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reported that the Dodgers were weighing a deal for just Lilly and another that includes infielder Ryan Theriot.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)