Jul 31, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have traded Will Ohman to the Marlins. Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Orioles will receive right-hander Rick Vandenhurk in return.
Ohman, 32, has a 3.30 ERA and 1.60 WHIP over 51 appearances with the Orioles this season. He has held left-handers to a .226 batting average and a 631 OPS. We’ve heard reports of the Giants and other contenders looking into Ohman, so to see him go to the Marlins is a little surprising. That being said, they have won 10 out of their last 14 games and are just as close to the playoffs as the Mets.
Vandenhurk, 25, has spent most of the season with Triple-A New Orleans, posting a 4.68 ERA over 19 starts. He has a 5.96 ERA over 35 major league appearances (32 starts).
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)