Jul 31, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have traded Will Ohman to the Marlins. Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Orioles will receive right-hander Rick Vandenhurk in return.
Ohman, 32, has a 3.30 ERA and 1.60 WHIP over 51 appearances with the Orioles this season. He has held left-handers to a .226 batting average and a 631 OPS. We’ve heard reports of the Giants and other contenders looking into Ohman, so to see him go to the Marlins is a little surprising. That being said, they have won 10 out of their last 14 games and are just as close to the playoffs as the Mets.
Vandenhurk, 25, has spent most of the season with Triple-A New Orleans, posting a 4.68 ERA over 19 starts. He has a 5.96 ERA over 35 major league appearances (32 starts).
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)