Jul 31, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have traded Will Ohman to the Marlins. Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Orioles will receive right-hander Rick Vandenhurk in return.
Ohman, 32, has a 3.30 ERA and 1.60 WHIP over 51 appearances with the Orioles this season. He has held left-handers to a .226 batting average and a 631 OPS. We’ve heard reports of the Giants and other contenders looking into Ohman, so to see him go to the Marlins is a little surprising. That being said, they have won 10 out of their last 14 games and are just as close to the playoffs as the Mets.
Vandenhurk, 25, has spent most of the season with Triple-A New Orleans, posting a 4.68 ERA over 19 starts. He has a 5.96 ERA over 35 major league appearances (32 starts).
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)