Jul 31, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
This is still only at the random chatter stage, but I’ve seen a couple of people in the Twitterverse who work and/or talk with people who Know Things — the latest being Brent Gambill of MLB Network Radio — say that the Braves are talking to the Red Sox about Jacoby Ellsbury.
I could talk myself into that as a Braves fan, though from both a health standpoint (he’s been hurt all year) and a production standpoint (he hasn’t hit when he’s played, and really hasn’t hit a ton since he’s been up) I’m not sure he fills the Braves’ needs for an outfield bat at this very moment. Worth noting, however, that most Red Sox sources have said that Theo isn’t doing much of anything today, so this might just be smoke.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)