Jul 31, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
This is still only at the random chatter stage, but I’ve seen a couple of people in the Twitterverse who work and/or talk with people who Know Things — the latest being Brent Gambill of MLB Network Radio — say that the Braves are talking to the Red Sox about Jacoby Ellsbury.
I could talk myself into that as a Braves fan, though from both a health standpoint (he’s been hurt all year) and a production standpoint (he hasn’t hit when he’s played, and really hasn’t hit a ton since he’s been up) I’m not sure he fills the Braves’ needs for an outfield bat at this very moment. Worth noting, however, that most Red Sox sources have said that Theo isn’t doing much of anything today, so this might just be smoke.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 5
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)