Jul 31, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
This is still only at the random chatter stage, but I’ve seen a couple of people in the Twitterverse who work and/or talk with people who Know Things — the latest being Brent Gambill of MLB Network Radio — say that the Braves are talking to the Red Sox about Jacoby Ellsbury.
I could talk myself into that as a Braves fan, though from both a health standpoint (he’s been hurt all year) and a production standpoint (he hasn’t hit when he’s played, and really hasn’t hit a ton since he’s been up) I’m not sure he fills the Braves’ needs for an outfield bat at this very moment. Worth noting, however, that most Red Sox sources have said that Theo isn’t doing much of anything today, so this might just be smoke.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 20
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)