Jul 31, 2010, 3:21 PM EST
This is still only at the random chatter stage, but I’ve seen a couple of people in the Twitterverse who work and/or talk with people who Know Things — the latest being Brent Gambill of MLB Network Radio — say that the Braves are talking to the Red Sox about Jacoby Ellsbury.
I could talk myself into that as a Braves fan, though from both a health standpoint (he’s been hurt all year) and a production standpoint (he hasn’t hit when he’s played, and really hasn’t hit a ton since he’s been up) I’m not sure he fills the Braves’ needs for an outfield bat at this very moment. Worth noting, however, that most Red Sox sources have said that Theo isn’t doing much of anything today, so this might just be smoke.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)