Jul 31, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
This is still only at the random chatter stage, but I’ve seen a couple of people in the Twitterverse who work and/or talk with people who Know Things — the latest being Brent Gambill of MLB Network Radio — say that the Braves are talking to the Red Sox about Jacoby Ellsbury.
I could talk myself into that as a Braves fan, though from both a health standpoint (he’s been hurt all year) and a production standpoint (he hasn’t hit when he’s played, and really hasn’t hit a ton since he’s been up) I’m not sure he fills the Braves’ needs for an outfield bat at this very moment. Worth noting, however, that most Red Sox sources have said that Theo isn’t doing much of anything today, so this might just be smoke.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 12
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)