Jul 31, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
Arizona’s housecleaning now seems likely to include Kelly Johnson, as FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Giants are “in talks” with the Diamondbacks for the second baseman.
According to Morosi the Giants also view Johnson as a potential outfield option because he has some experience in left field as well as second base.
Most of all they want him for his left-handed bat, as Johnson has hit .277/.365/.500 in a bounceback season after signing a one-year, $2.35 million deal this winter.
He’d also be under team control as an arbitration-eligible player in 2011, so Johnson would be more than a two-month rental.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)