Jul 31, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Arizona’s housecleaning now seems likely to include Kelly Johnson, as FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Giants are “in talks” with the Diamondbacks for the second baseman.
According to Morosi the Giants also view Johnson as a potential outfield option because he has some experience in left field as well as second base.
Most of all they want him for his left-handed bat, as Johnson has hit .277/.365/.500 in a bounceback season after signing a one-year, $2.35 million deal this winter.
He’d also be under team control as an arbitration-eligible player in 2011, so Johnson would be more than a two-month rental.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)