Jul 31, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Arizona’s housecleaning now seems likely to include Kelly Johnson, as FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Giants are “in talks” with the Diamondbacks for the second baseman.
According to Morosi the Giants also view Johnson as a potential outfield option because he has some experience in left field as well as second base.
Most of all they want him for his left-handed bat, as Johnson has hit .277/.365/.500 in a bounceback season after signing a one-year, $2.35 million deal this winter.
He’d also be under team control as an arbitration-eligible player in 2011, so Johnson would be more than a two-month rental.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 17
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)