Jul 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
And that’s all we know.
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says San Francisco, Toronto and Arizona have discussed a three-way deal, but he has no additional details for us.
It’s well known that the Giants have interest in both Jose Bautista and Scott Downs from Toronto. But I’m struggling to see how the Diamondbacks fit in here unless the the Blue Jays really like Chris Young and are ready to move Vernon Wells to a corner.
SF gets Downs, Kelly Johnson
Ari gets Jonathan Sanchez, prospect from Giants
Tor gets Chris Young
That’s just idle speculation, though. A Bautista-to-San Francisco deal seems quite unlikely. Downs makes a lot more sense, and the Giants would probably be more willing to part with Sanchez if it nets them two pieces.
Alternatively, the Jays could want Johnson for themselves, though not to play second base over Aaron Hill. If it’s Johnson to Toronto and Downs to San Francisco, then it’s doubtful the Diamondbacks would end up with Sanchez.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)