Jul 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
And that’s all we know.
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says San Francisco, Toronto and Arizona have discussed a three-way deal, but he has no additional details for us.
It’s well known that the Giants have interest in both Jose Bautista and Scott Downs from Toronto. But I’m struggling to see how the Diamondbacks fit in here unless the the Blue Jays really like Chris Young and are ready to move Vernon Wells to a corner.
SF gets Downs, Kelly Johnson
Ari gets Jonathan Sanchez, prospect from Giants
Tor gets Chris Young
That’s just idle speculation, though. A Bautista-to-San Francisco deal seems quite unlikely. Downs makes a lot more sense, and the Giants would probably be more willing to part with Sanchez if it nets them two pieces.
Alternatively, the Jays could want Johnson for themselves, though not to play second base over Aaron Hill. If it’s Johnson to Toronto and Downs to San Francisco, then it’s doubtful the Diamondbacks would end up with Sanchez.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)