Jul 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
And that’s all we know.
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says San Francisco, Toronto and Arizona have discussed a three-way deal, but he has no additional details for us.
It’s well known that the Giants have interest in both Jose Bautista and Scott Downs from Toronto. But I’m struggling to see how the Diamondbacks fit in here unless the the Blue Jays really like Chris Young and are ready to move Vernon Wells to a corner.
SF gets Downs, Kelly Johnson
Ari gets Jonathan Sanchez, prospect from Giants
Tor gets Chris Young
That’s just idle speculation, though. A Bautista-to-San Francisco deal seems quite unlikely. Downs makes a lot more sense, and the Giants would probably be more willing to part with Sanchez if it nets them two pieces.
Alternatively, the Jays could want Johnson for themselves, though not to play second base over Aaron Hill. If it’s Johnson to Toronto and Downs to San Francisco, then it’s doubtful the Diamondbacks would end up with Sanchez.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)