Jul 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EST
And that’s all we know.
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says San Francisco, Toronto and Arizona have discussed a three-way deal, but he has no additional details for us.
It’s well known that the Giants have interest in both Jose Bautista and Scott Downs from Toronto. But I’m struggling to see how the Diamondbacks fit in here unless the the Blue Jays really like Chris Young and are ready to move Vernon Wells to a corner.
SF gets Downs, Kelly Johnson
Ari gets Jonathan Sanchez, prospect from Giants
Tor gets Chris Young
That’s just idle speculation, though. A Bautista-to-San Francisco deal seems quite unlikely. Downs makes a lot more sense, and the Giants would probably be more willing to part with Sanchez if it nets them two pieces.
Alternatively, the Jays could want Johnson for themselves, though not to play second base over Aaron Hill. If it’s Johnson to Toronto and Downs to San Francisco, then it’s doubtful the Diamondbacks would end up with Sanchez.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)