Jul 31, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Now this one is interesting. An NL club tells Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse the Padres are “deep” in talks with the Cardinals to acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick.
We haven’t heard a peep about Ludwick being available until now, but 25-year-old outfielder Jon Jay has impressed in limited action with the Cardinals, batting .396/.447/.604 with three home runs, 12 doubles and 12 RBI over 111 at-bats. He was the primary right fielder while Ludwick was on the disabled list with a calf injury, so priorities may have shifted in recent days.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)