Jul 31, 2010, 11:39 AM EST
Now this one is interesting. An NL club tells Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse the Padres are “deep” in talks with the Cardinals to acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick.
We haven’t heard a peep about Ludwick being available until now, but 25-year-old outfielder Jon Jay has impressed in limited action with the Cardinals, batting .396/.447/.604 with three home runs, 12 doubles and 12 RBI over 111 at-bats. He was the primary right fielder while Ludwick was on the disabled list with a calf injury, so priorities may have shifted in recent days.
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 26
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)