Jul 31, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Now this one is interesting. An NL club tells Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse the Padres are “deep” in talks with the Cardinals to acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick.
We haven’t heard a peep about Ludwick being available until now, but 25-year-old outfielder Jon Jay has impressed in limited action with the Cardinals, batting .396/.447/.604 with three home runs, 12 doubles and 12 RBI over 111 at-bats. He was the primary right fielder while Ludwick was on the disabled list with a calf injury, so priorities may have shifted in recent days.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)