Jul 31, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Now this one is interesting. An NL club tells Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse the Padres are “deep” in talks with the Cardinals to acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick.
We haven’t heard a peep about Ludwick being available until now, but 25-year-old outfielder Jon Jay has impressed in limited action with the Cardinals, batting .396/.447/.604 with three home runs, 12 doubles and 12 RBI over 111 at-bats. He was the primary right fielder while Ludwick was on the disabled list with a calf injury, so priorities may have shifted in recent days.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)