Jul 31, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Now this one is interesting. An NL club tells Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse the Padres are “deep” in talks with the Cardinals to acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick.
We haven’t heard a peep about Ludwick being available until now, but 25-year-old outfielder Jon Jay has impressed in limited action with the Cardinals, batting .396/.447/.604 with three home runs, 12 doubles and 12 RBI over 111 at-bats. He was the primary right fielder while Ludwick was on the disabled list with a calf injury, so priorities may have shifted in recent days.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)