Jul 31, 2010, 2:18 PM EDT
The Ludwick trade left a team that was already one bat light two bats light, but Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch is saying that Cardinals’ executives he’s talking to haven’t ruled out adding another bat today.
I’m not sure how to feel about the “won’t rule out” stories we’ve seen so much of lately. It seems like an easy punt phrase for front office people. By deploying it, they can easily do nothing and say that they tried even if they didn’t. Watch this: I’m not ruling out losing 20 pounds. I’m not ruling out a series of sultry rendezvous with Hollywood starlets. I’m not ruling out winning “Last Comic Standing” next year.
If I don’t do those things it’s because I was a victim of circumstance. Not that I didn’t try!
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 2
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 88
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (88)