Jul 31, 2010, 2:18 PM EST
The Ludwick trade left a team that was already one bat light two bats light, but Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch is saying that Cardinals’ executives he’s talking to haven’t ruled out adding another bat today.
I’m not sure how to feel about the “won’t rule out” stories we’ve seen so much of lately. It seems like an easy punt phrase for front office people. By deploying it, they can easily do nothing and say that they tried even if they didn’t. Watch this: I’m not ruling out losing 20 pounds. I’m not ruling out a series of sultry rendezvous with Hollywood starlets. I’m not ruling out winning “Last Comic Standing” next year.
If I don’t do those things it’s because I was a victim of circumstance. Not that I didn’t try!
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)