Jul 31, 2010, 2:18 PM EST
The Ludwick trade left a team that was already one bat light two bats light, but Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch is saying that Cardinals’ executives he’s talking to haven’t ruled out adding another bat today.
I’m not sure how to feel about the “won’t rule out” stories we’ve seen so much of lately. It seems like an easy punt phrase for front office people. By deploying it, they can easily do nothing and say that they tried even if they didn’t. Watch this: I’m not ruling out losing 20 pounds. I’m not ruling out a series of sultry rendezvous with Hollywood starlets. I’m not ruling out winning “Last Comic Standing” next year.
If I don’t do those things it’s because I was a victim of circumstance. Not that I didn’t try!
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 0
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 20
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)