Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Buster Oleny offers one of his famous “heard this” tweets to the effect of the Blue Jays not really being interested in moving Jose Bautista. The thinking is that he’s killing it, Blue Jays fans are getting into it, and he’s likely only to get an arbitration award in the $6 million range, so why not keep him?
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I’d trade Bautista if I was running the Jays, but keeping him is probably the right call. If he’s really found a new level of performance he can anchor the Jays’ lineup for a couple of years. If this is a fluke year, well, it’s not a ton of money to commit to the guy next season.
Still, if Brian Sabean or someone calls and blows them away . . .
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 46
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (236)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)