Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Buster Oleny offers one of his famous “heard this” tweets to the effect of the Blue Jays not really being interested in moving Jose Bautista. The thinking is that he’s killing it, Blue Jays fans are getting into it, and he’s likely only to get an arbitration award in the $6 million range, so why not keep him?
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I’d trade Bautista if I was running the Jays, but keeping him is probably the right call. If he’s really found a new level of performance he can anchor the Jays’ lineup for a couple of years. If this is a fluke year, well, it’s not a ton of money to commit to the guy next season.
Still, if Brian Sabean or someone calls and blows them away . . .
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)