Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM EST
Buster Oleny offers one of his famous “heard this” tweets to the effect of the Blue Jays not really being interested in moving Jose Bautista. The thinking is that he’s killing it, Blue Jays fans are getting into it, and he’s likely only to get an arbitration award in the $6 million range, so why not keep him?
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I’d trade Bautista if I was running the Jays, but keeping him is probably the right call. If he’s really found a new level of performance he can anchor the Jays’ lineup for a couple of years. If this is a fluke year, well, it’s not a ton of money to commit to the guy next season.
Still, if Brian Sabean or someone calls and blows them away . . .
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)