Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Buster Oleny offers one of his famous “heard this” tweets to the effect of the Blue Jays not really being interested in moving Jose Bautista. The thinking is that he’s killing it, Blue Jays fans are getting into it, and he’s likely only to get an arbitration award in the $6 million range, so why not keep him?
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I’d trade Bautista if I was running the Jays, but keeping him is probably the right call. If he’s really found a new level of performance he can anchor the Jays’ lineup for a couple of years. If this is a fluke year, well, it’s not a ton of money to commit to the guy next season.
Still, if Brian Sabean or someone calls and blows them away . . .
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)