Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM EST
Buster Oleny offers one of his famous “heard this” tweets to the effect of the Blue Jays not really being interested in moving Jose Bautista. The thinking is that he’s killing it, Blue Jays fans are getting into it, and he’s likely only to get an arbitration award in the $6 million range, so why not keep him?
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I’d trade Bautista if I was running the Jays, but keeping him is probably the right call. If he’s really found a new level of performance he can anchor the Jays’ lineup for a couple of years. If this is a fluke year, well, it’s not a ton of money to commit to the guy next season.
Still, if Brian Sabean or someone calls and blows them away . . .
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 10
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 90
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)