Jul 31, 2010, 4:49 PM EST
To make room on the roster for their various trade-deadline pickups, the Yankees have designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
The move comes as no surprise, because Park has struggled mightily after signing a one-year, $1.2 million deal this offseason and earlier this week the Yankees were said to be trying to “unload” him.
With that said, his 29/12 K/BB ratio in 35.1 innings suggests he’s far from totally washed-up and Park had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever during the previous two seasons. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him wind up latching on with another contender, regrowing his fantastic beard, and providing some quality innings down the stretch.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)