Jul 31, 2010, 4:49 PM EST
To make room on the roster for their various trade-deadline pickups, the Yankees have designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
The move comes as no surprise, because Park has struggled mightily after signing a one-year, $1.2 million deal this offseason and earlier this week the Yankees were said to be trying to “unload” him.
With that said, his 29/12 K/BB ratio in 35.1 innings suggests he’s far from totally washed-up and Park had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever during the previous two seasons. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him wind up latching on with another contender, regrowing his fantastic beard, and providing some quality innings down the stretch.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)