Jul 31, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
To make room on the roster for their various trade-deadline pickups, the Yankees have designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
The move comes as no surprise, because Park has struggled mightily after signing a one-year, $1.2 million deal this offseason and earlier this week the Yankees were said to be trying to “unload” him.
With that said, his 29/12 K/BB ratio in 35.1 innings suggests he’s far from totally washed-up and Park had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever during the previous two seasons. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him wind up latching on with another contender, regrowing his fantastic beard, and providing some quality innings down the stretch.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)