Jul 31, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
To make room on the roster for their various trade-deadline pickups, the Yankees have designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
The move comes as no surprise, because Park has struggled mightily after signing a one-year, $1.2 million deal this offseason and earlier this week the Yankees were said to be trying to “unload” him.
With that said, his 29/12 K/BB ratio in 35.1 innings suggests he’s far from totally washed-up and Park had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever during the previous two seasons. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him wind up latching on with another contender, regrowing his fantastic beard, and providing some quality innings down the stretch.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 6
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)