Jul 31, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
To make room on the roster for their various trade-deadline pickups, the Yankees have designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
The move comes as no surprise, because Park has struggled mightily after signing a one-year, $1.2 million deal this offseason and earlier this week the Yankees were said to be trying to “unload” him.
With that said, his 29/12 K/BB ratio in 35.1 innings suggests he’s far from totally washed-up and Park had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever during the previous two seasons. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him wind up latching on with another contender, regrowing his fantastic beard, and providing some quality innings down the stretch.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)