Aug 2, 2010, 12:58 PM EST
The Reds have been in need of an extra bullpen arm for a while this season, and whenever people have started talking about that need, the talk has turned to Aroldis Chapman. At first he was off limits because he was starting. And then, after being moved the bullpen he was seen as a non-option because he was, well, sucking.
But now may be the time to call Chapman up because he’s tearing it up down in Louisville lately: he’s posted a 0.82 ERA and held opponents to a .175 batting average over his last 11 innings, with a 17/6 K/BB ratio over that time.
I still think that Champman needs to be given every chance to be a starter. But I also never thought the Reds would be in a pennant race into August either, so maybe it may be better to punt those plans until next spring.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)