Aug 2, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Randy Wolf was knocked out of yesterday’s start in the sixth inning when a Hunter Pence line drive struck him in the left hand, but X-rays and an MRI exam both came back negative today.
He’s been diagnosed with a bruise and the Brewers have not yet ruled out Wolf making his next scheduled start Friday, although that seems somewhat unlikely.
Wolf got rocked for 12 runs by the Pirates on July 21, but recovered to turn in back-to-back Quality Starts and was working on six innings of one-run ball when Pence forced him out of the game. If he’s able to make his next start, Wolf would face the Astros again in Milwaukee.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)