Aug 2, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Randy Wolf was knocked out of yesterday’s start in the sixth inning when a Hunter Pence line drive struck him in the left hand, but X-rays and an MRI exam both came back negative today.
He’s been diagnosed with a bruise and the Brewers have not yet ruled out Wolf making his next scheduled start Friday, although that seems somewhat unlikely.
Wolf got rocked for 12 runs by the Pirates on July 21, but recovered to turn in back-to-back Quality Starts and was working on six innings of one-run ball when Pence forced him out of the game. If he’s able to make his next start, Wolf would face the Astros again in Milwaukee.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)