Aug 2, 2010, 4:17 PM EST
Randy Wolf was knocked out of yesterday’s start in the sixth inning when a Hunter Pence line drive struck him in the left hand, but X-rays and an MRI exam both came back negative today.
He’s been diagnosed with a bruise and the Brewers have not yet ruled out Wolf making his next scheduled start Friday, although that seems somewhat unlikely.
Wolf got rocked for 12 runs by the Pirates on July 21, but recovered to turn in back-to-back Quality Starts and was working on six innings of one-run ball when Pence forced him out of the game. If he’s able to make his next start, Wolf would face the Astros again in Milwaukee.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)