Aug 2, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Randy Wolf was knocked out of yesterday’s start in the sixth inning when a Hunter Pence line drive struck him in the left hand, but X-rays and an MRI exam both came back negative today.
He’s been diagnosed with a bruise and the Brewers have not yet ruled out Wolf making his next scheduled start Friday, although that seems somewhat unlikely.
Wolf got rocked for 12 runs by the Pirates on July 21, but recovered to turn in back-to-back Quality Starts and was working on six innings of one-run ball when Pence forced him out of the game. If he’s able to make his next start, Wolf would face the Astros again in Milwaukee.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)