Aug 2, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Randy Wolf was knocked out of yesterday’s start in the sixth inning when a Hunter Pence line drive struck him in the left hand, but X-rays and an MRI exam both came back negative today.
He’s been diagnosed with a bruise and the Brewers have not yet ruled out Wolf making his next scheduled start Friday, although that seems somewhat unlikely.
Wolf got rocked for 12 runs by the Pirates on July 21, but recovered to turn in back-to-back Quality Starts and was working on six innings of one-run ball when Pence forced him out of the game. If he’s able to make his next start, Wolf would face the Astros again in Milwaukee.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 85
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15