HBT Daily: reacting to the Yankees, Cardinals and Braves trades

Aug 2, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT

Get me trying to put a brave face on the Braves moves.

My wife keeps telling me that I need to “smile with my eyes” when I do these videos.  I have no freakin’ clue how to really do that, but I know I’m not doing it here.

1. Tony_Clifton - Aug 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Is the blonde woman in the video the same woman wearing that tacky shirt in the “Bad Idea” ad to the right of the column?

2. Jonny5 - Aug 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Wow, is that a little league helmet on Berkman? And the Yankees are just getting their money back when poor teams pay them to take good players off their hands…

3. bblair - Aug 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM

It’s a shame that Melky isn’t producing well for the Braves. I always liked him on the Yanks and thought he did a better job there at the plate and in the field. I know the older guys used to get on him to keep working, etc. in NY. Do you think it’s a matter of environment that makes the difference?

4. Stichey - Aug 2, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Craig, you wife is right. Anyone that earns a check for chatting about baseball with someone like Tiffany should find that whole “eye smiling” thing pretty easy. Please keep working on it.

5. BC - Aug 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I still think the Ankiel trade was a good one for the Braves – provided he is healthy of course. The Kyle “I’m An Implosion Waiting To Happen” Farnsworth trade I just don’t get, unless the Royals made them take him so they could dump salary.

6. Jason @ IIATMS - Aug 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I think she smiled with her eyes when she mentioned “three way deal”, but there’s a very good chance that it was me. I’d like to believe it was her.

Three legends off to Cooperstown