Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Silva has been placed on the disabled list.
Carlos Silva was released from a Colorado hospital this morning after leaving yesterday’s start at Coors Field in the first inning with an abnormal heart rate.
According to the Cubs he’ll be examined further by a cardiologist after returning to Chicago and may avoid the disabled list because Thursday’s off day allows them to simply skip his next turn in the rotation.
Ultimately the time off may do Silva some good. Since beginning the season 9-2 with a 2.96 ERA to shock everyone after a brutal two-year stint in Seattle he’s 1-3 with a 16.43 ERA in his last four starts, allowing 14 runs on 21 hits and seven walks in 7.2 innings.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)