Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Silva has been placed on the disabled list.
Carlos Silva was released from a Colorado hospital this morning after leaving yesterday’s start at Coors Field in the first inning with an abnormal heart rate.
According to the Cubs he’ll be examined further by a cardiologist after returning to Chicago and may avoid the disabled list because Thursday’s off day allows them to simply skip his next turn in the rotation.
Ultimately the time off may do Silva some good. Since beginning the season 9-2 with a 2.96 ERA to shock everyone after a brutal two-year stint in Seattle he’s 1-3 with a 16.43 ERA in his last four starts, allowing 14 runs on 21 hits and seven walks in 7.2 innings.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (90)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)