Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Silva has been placed on the disabled list.
Carlos Silva was released from a Colorado hospital this morning after leaving yesterday’s start at Coors Field in the first inning with an abnormal heart rate.
According to the Cubs he’ll be examined further by a cardiologist after returning to Chicago and may avoid the disabled list because Thursday’s off day allows them to simply skip his next turn in the rotation.
Ultimately the time off may do Silva some good. Since beginning the season 9-2 with a 2.96 ERA to shock everyone after a brutal two-year stint in Seattle he’s 1-3 with a 16.43 ERA in his last four starts, allowing 14 runs on 21 hits and seven walks in 7.2 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (84)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (78)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)