Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Silva has been placed on the disabled list.
Carlos Silva was released from a Colorado hospital this morning after leaving yesterday’s start at Coors Field in the first inning with an abnormal heart rate.
According to the Cubs he’ll be examined further by a cardiologist after returning to Chicago and may avoid the disabled list because Thursday’s off day allows them to simply skip his next turn in the rotation.
Ultimately the time off may do Silva some good. Since beginning the season 9-2 with a 2.96 ERA to shock everyone after a brutal two-year stint in Seattle he’s 1-3 with a 16.43 ERA in his last four starts, allowing 14 runs on 21 hits and seven walks in 7.2 innings.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)