Aug 2, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
I always wondered what happened to interim managers when they were replaced. You always hear about them being reassigned and stuff, but I had always assumed that was a euphemism for what I suspect really happened to them: getting rolled up in a carpet and dumped in a ravine someplace. In light of that, I’ve always considered being an interim manager only a slightly more desirable job than being the #2 guy in Al Qaeda: a shaky-at-best gig that lasted only until you heard the drones coming for you.
But not so with Juan Samuel! He’s sticking with the Orioles after Buck Showalter takes over and, according to MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli, he’ll be scouting in the Dominican Republic. Of course he’s from the Dominican Republic so this could very well be a “go home, relax, get paid, and if we hear from you we hear from you” kind of gig.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to write another letter to that nice family in the country my parents sent our dog to live with back in 1981. I hope Old Ben is still happy chasing rabbits all day!
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)