Aug 2, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
UPDATE: Buster tweets that Hart’s extension is for $26.5 million over three years.
9:30 A.M.: The subject of trade rumors for weeks, Corey Hart remained a Brewer after Saturday’s deadline hit. And he’ll remain a Brewer for some time into the future as well, given that Milwaukee just announced that Hart has agreed to a three-year extension
through the 2013 season.
According to Tom Haudricourt, the deal buys out the final year of
Hart’s arbitration eligibility in 2011 as well as
his first two years of free agency.
No financial terms were released but Haudricourt suspects that the deal is worth close
to $25 million based on what he’s making now and what he could expect to get in arbitration.
Hart is hitting .288/.346/.565 this season. If he holds up over the next two months it will certainly be his best season in the majors, but it’s not like this is so far removed from his past performance that we can’t expect him to be productive over the next three seasons and, more or less, worth his contract.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)