Aug 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When last we saw Nate Robertson, he was getting pummeled by the Colorado Rockies back on July 20th. The Marlins released him the next day. Today the Cardinals continued to wow their fans with brilliant personnel moves by signing the rec-spectacled one to a minor league deal. Robertson will report to Memphis after selling some whitewalls to the guy he has on hold.
I mock, but Robertson represents zero cost depth, and depth is a good thing. At least until you have to use it and depth gives up seven runs over three innings or something. Beats forfeiting, though.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)