Aug 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When last we saw Nate Robertson, he was getting pummeled by the Colorado Rockies back on July 20th. The Marlins released him the next day. Today the Cardinals continued to wow their fans with brilliant personnel moves by signing the rec-spectacled one to a minor league deal. Robertson will report to Memphis after selling some whitewalls to the guy he has on hold.
I mock, but Robertson represents zero cost depth, and depth is a good thing. At least until you have to use it and depth gives up seven runs over three innings or something. Beats forfeiting, though.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 11
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)