Aug 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When last we saw Nate Robertson, he was getting pummeled by the Colorado Rockies back on July 20th. The Marlins released him the next day. Today the Cardinals continued to wow their fans with brilliant personnel moves by signing the rec-spectacled one to a minor league deal. Robertson will report to Memphis after selling some whitewalls to the guy he has on hold.
I mock, but Robertson represents zero cost depth, and depth is a good thing. At least until you have to use it and depth gives up seven runs over three innings or something. Beats forfeiting, though.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)