Aug 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When last we saw Nate Robertson, he was getting pummeled by the Colorado Rockies back on July 20th. The Marlins released him the next day. Today the Cardinals continued to wow their fans with brilliant personnel moves by signing the rec-spectacled one to a minor league deal. Robertson will report to Memphis after selling some whitewalls to the guy he has on hold.
I mock, but Robertson represents zero cost depth, and depth is a good thing. At least until you have to use it and depth gives up seven runs over three innings or something. Beats forfeiting, though.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)