Aug 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When last we saw Nate Robertson, he was getting pummeled by the Colorado Rockies back on July 20th. The Marlins released him the next day. Today the Cardinals continued to wow their fans with brilliant personnel moves by signing the rec-spectacled one to a minor league deal. Robertson will report to Memphis after selling some whitewalls to the guy he has on hold.
I mock, but Robertson represents zero cost depth, and depth is a good thing. At least until you have to use it and depth gives up seven runs over three innings or something. Beats forfeiting, though.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)