Aug 3, 2010, 3:04 PM EST
The White Sox are playing the Tigers at
Comiskey Comerica this afternoon. As the bulldog goes to press, it’s 12-1 Chisox. Kind of feels like the Tigers’ season is ending as we speak, doesn’t it?
Beyond that, the most interesting thing about this game is that Juan Pierre hit a solo home run in the 5th inning. It was his first home run since September 2008. That’s 809 at bats.
So I guess what I’m saying is that you people freaking out about A-Rod not hitting his 600th could be on a much more doomed vigil than you currently are.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 19
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 52
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)