Aug 3, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing the Tigers at
Comiskey Comerica this afternoon. As the bulldog goes to press, it’s 12-1 Chisox. Kind of feels like the Tigers’ season is ending as we speak, doesn’t it?
Beyond that, the most interesting thing about this game is that Juan Pierre hit a solo home run in the 5th inning. It was his first home run since September 2008. That’s 809 at bats.
So I guess what I’m saying is that you people freaking out about A-Rod not hitting his 600th could be on a much more doomed vigil than you currently are.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)