Aug 3, 2010, 3:04 PM EST
The White Sox are playing the Tigers at
Comiskey Comerica this afternoon. As the bulldog goes to press, it’s 12-1 Chisox. Kind of feels like the Tigers’ season is ending as we speak, doesn’t it?
Beyond that, the most interesting thing about this game is that Juan Pierre hit a solo home run in the 5th inning. It was his first home run since September 2008. That’s 809 at bats.
So I guess what I’m saying is that you people freaking out about A-Rod not hitting his 600th could be on a much more doomed vigil than you currently are.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)