Aug 3, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing the Tigers at
Comiskey Comerica this afternoon. As the bulldog goes to press, it’s 12-1 Chisox. Kind of feels like the Tigers’ season is ending as we speak, doesn’t it?
Beyond that, the most interesting thing about this game is that Juan Pierre hit a solo home run in the 5th inning. It was his first home run since September 2008. That’s 809 at bats.
So I guess what I’m saying is that you people freaking out about A-Rod not hitting his 600th could be on a much more doomed vigil than you currently are.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 42
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 29
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 82
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)