Aug 3, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing the Tigers at
Comiskey Comerica this afternoon. As the bulldog goes to press, it’s 12-1 Chisox. Kind of feels like the Tigers’ season is ending as we speak, doesn’t it?
Beyond that, the most interesting thing about this game is that Juan Pierre hit a solo home run in the 5th inning. It was his first home run since September 2008. That’s 809 at bats.
So I guess what I’m saying is that you people freaking out about A-Rod not hitting his 600th could be on a much more doomed vigil than you currently are.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)