Aug 3, 2010, 3:41 PM EDT
As expected, Ben Sheets has decided to undergo season-ending elbow surgery after being diagnosed with a torn flexor tendon last month.
Sheets missed all of last season following elbow surgery, so his career could be in jeopardy at this point and he’s unlikely to be much of factor in 2011 even if things go smoothly.
It won’t be the same, it will be slightly different, but I ain’t medical enough to talk in terms. It will be a significantly long time again. Probably about 12 months, I think, then I’ll be back dominating.
Signed to a one-year, $10 million deal this offseason, Sheets went 4-9 with a 4.53 ERA in 20 starts for the A’s before being shut down.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)