Aug 3, 2010, 3:41 PM EST
As expected, Ben Sheets has decided to undergo season-ending elbow surgery after being diagnosed with a torn flexor tendon last month.
Sheets missed all of last season following elbow surgery, so his career could be in jeopardy at this point and he’s unlikely to be much of factor in 2011 even if things go smoothly.
It won’t be the same, it will be slightly different, but I ain’t medical enough to talk in terms. It will be a significantly long time again. Probably about 12 months, I think, then I’ll be back dominating.
Signed to a one-year, $10 million deal this offseason, Sheets went 4-9 with a 4.53 ERA in 20 starts for the A’s before being shut down.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)