Aug 3, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Peter Bourjos is considered one of the elite defensive center fielders among prospects and Torii Hunter ceased being an excellent defender several years ago, so it makes sense that the Angels would use Bourjos in center field for his big-league debut tonight while sliding Hunter to right field.
Of course, given Hunter’s nine straight Gold Glove awards and the widely held perception that he remains an elite defender I’m still shocked that the Angels are, you know, actually doing it.
Give manager Mike Scioscia and the Angels some credit for putting their best outfield defense on the field regardless of reputations and give Hunter some credit for (presumably) being OK with the move.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)