Aug 3, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Peter Bourjos is considered one of the elite defensive center fielders among prospects and Torii Hunter ceased being an excellent defender several years ago, so it makes sense that the Angels would use Bourjos in center field for his big-league debut tonight while sliding Hunter to right field.
Of course, given Hunter’s nine straight Gold Glove awards and the widely held perception that he remains an elite defender I’m still shocked that the Angels are, you know, actually doing it.
Give manager Mike Scioscia and the Angels some credit for putting their best outfield defense on the field regardless of reputations and give Hunter some credit for (presumably) being OK with the move.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)