Aug 3, 2010, 1:31 PM EST
Missed this in the trade deadline hangover the other day, but Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Carlos Delgado has gotten two minor league offers and that his agent, David Sloane, may field more this week. The offers were not based on in-person scouting, however:
Sloane says he sent video last week of Delgado running and performing
agility drills to a handful of teams in which the player is interested.
One team worked out Delgado and made an offer, Sloane says. The other did the same after merely watching him on video.
Left out of the article: Delgado is wearing a Dunedin Blue Jays jersey in the videos, in the background is a “Bush/Quayle ’92” sign and the whole thing plays over a mix of Color Me Badd songs.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)