Aug 3, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Missed this in the trade deadline hangover the other day, but Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Carlos Delgado has gotten two minor league offers and that his agent, David Sloane, may field more this week. The offers were not based on in-person scouting, however:
Sloane says he sent video last week of Delgado running and performing
agility drills to a handful of teams in which the player is interested.
One team worked out Delgado and made an offer, Sloane says. The other did the same after merely watching him on video.
Left out of the article: Delgado is wearing a Dunedin Blue Jays jersey in the videos, in the background is a “Bush/Quayle ’92″ sign and the whole thing plays over a mix of Color Me Badd songs.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)