Aug 3, 2010, 1:31 PM EST
Missed this in the trade deadline hangover the other day, but Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Carlos Delgado has gotten two minor league offers and that his agent, David Sloane, may field more this week. The offers were not based on in-person scouting, however:
Sloane says he sent video last week of Delgado running and performing
agility drills to a handful of teams in which the player is interested.
One team worked out Delgado and made an offer, Sloane says. The other did the same after merely watching him on video.
Left out of the article: Delgado is wearing a Dunedin Blue Jays jersey in the videos, in the background is a “Bush/Quayle ’92″ sign and the whole thing plays over a mix of Color Me Badd songs.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)