Aug 3, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Missed this in the trade deadline hangover the other day, but Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Carlos Delgado has gotten two minor league offers and that his agent, David Sloane, may field more this week. The offers were not based on in-person scouting, however:
Sloane says he sent video last week of Delgado running and performing
agility drills to a handful of teams in which the player is interested.
One team worked out Delgado and made an offer, Sloane says. The other did the same after merely watching him on video.
Left out of the article: Delgado is wearing a Dunedin Blue Jays jersey in the videos, in the background is a “Bush/Quayle ’92” sign and the whole thing plays over a mix of Color Me Badd songs.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)