Aug 3, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Missed this in the trade deadline hangover the other day, but Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Carlos Delgado has gotten two minor league offers and that his agent, David Sloane, may field more this week. The offers were not based on in-person scouting, however:
Sloane says he sent video last week of Delgado running and performing
agility drills to a handful of teams in which the player is interested.
One team worked out Delgado and made an offer, Sloane says. The other did the same after merely watching him on video.
Left out of the article: Delgado is wearing a Dunedin Blue Jays jersey in the videos, in the background is a “Bush/Quayle ’92” sign and the whole thing plays over a mix of Color Me Badd songs.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)