Aug 3, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
This could be fun: Astros manager Brad Mills said yesterday that Carlos Lee could begin seeing some time at first base. Which, if you’re gonna play the guy, is probably a better bet than playing him in the outfield, where he’s defensive disaster. Sure, the Astros just got Brett Wallace from Toronto, but he probably can’t be expected to step in as the everyday guy for the rest of the season.
Still, the Astros are ignoring the easy solution here: activate their hitting coach. I bet you $100 that he would out-perform Carlos Lee for the remainder of the season, even if he never took the bat off his shoulder.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)