Aug 3, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
This could be fun: Astros manager Brad Mills said yesterday that Carlos Lee could begin seeing some time at first base. Which, if you’re gonna play the guy, is probably a better bet than playing him in the outfield, where he’s defensive disaster. Sure, the Astros just got Brett Wallace from Toronto, but he probably can’t be expected to step in as the everyday guy for the rest of the season.
Still, the Astros are ignoring the easy solution here: activate their hitting coach. I bet you $100 that he would out-perform Carlos Lee for the remainder of the season, even if he never took the bat off his shoulder.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)