Aug 3, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
This could be fun: Astros manager Brad Mills said yesterday that Carlos Lee could begin seeing some time at first base. Which, if you’re gonna play the guy, is probably a better bet than playing him in the outfield, where he’s defensive disaster. Sure, the Astros just got Brett Wallace from Toronto, but he probably can’t be expected to step in as the everyday guy for the rest of the season.
Still, the Astros are ignoring the easy solution here: activate their hitting coach. I bet you $100 that he would out-perform Carlos Lee for the remainder of the season, even if he never took the bat off his shoulder.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)