Aug 3, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
This could be fun: Astros manager Brad Mills said yesterday that Carlos Lee could begin seeing some time at first base. Which, if you’re gonna play the guy, is probably a better bet than playing him in the outfield, where he’s defensive disaster. Sure, the Astros just got Brett Wallace from Toronto, but he probably can’t be expected to step in as the everyday guy for the rest of the season.
Still, the Astros are ignoring the easy solution here: activate their hitting coach. I bet you $100 that he would out-perform Carlos Lee for the remainder of the season, even if he never took the bat off his shoulder.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)