Got any suggestions for HBT Daily/Extra?

Aug 3, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT

As you’ve noticed, Tiffany and I are doing videos every day now: HBT Daily five days a week and a longer HBT Extra on Wednesdays.  We enjoy doing them and probably would never run out of stuff to talk about, but we also want to make sure we’re talking about stuff you care about.

So:  if you have any suggestions about topics you’d like to see us chew on or specific questions you’d like us to address, by all means, send in your suggestions, either via the comments thread here, to any video post or via the “tips/feedback” button to the right. We usually tape these bad boys around 10AM Eastern time, so stuff that makes it to us before then could very well wind up on that day’s taping.

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions you have. And a hearty “get bent” in advance for any bad ones.

1. wrg885 - Aug 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I know everyone deserves days off but it would be nice to see more material on the weekends. Overall: awesome job by all.

2. Jonny5 - Aug 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I’d like to see stand out stars mentioned. The guys who just turned it on big time. Also I’d like to see guys who turned it all around big time. They may not be leading anything, but whenever a guy looks like he’s done, then comes back with a vengence and plays better than anyone ever expected him to play again, they deserve credit. Like Meyers, wow. Like Cairo, wow, etc….. I can’t keep my eye on the whole league like most people, but you guys can…

3. ben s - Aug 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I’d like to see like a, “prospect of the week” thing on one of the videos, a top prospect who’s either performing well and boosting his stock or who’s stock is plummeting. I think that would be a pretty cool idea.

4. Mike d - Aug 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM

How about an I phone app? The videos don’t play on the iPhone . Overall great website

5. hoopmatch - Aug 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Two areas I’d like to read or hear more about:
    One, the strike zone in the rule book versus the strike zone that each umpire calls.
    Two, I understand that MLB has an optical system in each stadium that determines the position of the ball in the strike zone and that this data is available to the TV crews. I’d like to see a feature story on this system. How accurate is it? Will it be the official word on balls and strikes someday?

6. Old Gator - Aug 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

We should do a tour of all the ballparks and rate the cuisine. I’ll bring a broad spectrum antibiotic and a fungicide for the Tropicana Dump, especially after that report last week. We can use my car if you pay gas and tolls, Craig..

7. walk - Aug 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I keep hearing steroid era is devaluing stats in baseball but i dont think thats the sole reason. I have noticed something thats contributing as well, a lot of the new parks are really small. Is there any way you guys could maybe do a quick break down on size of parks now and say 30 years ago?

8. Craig Calcaterra - Aug 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM

If I’m paying for gas, we had better not be taking the Grand Marquis.

9. Old Gator - Aug 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

The Grand Marquis is a hybrid, Craig. It used to belong to my mother. Now it belongs to me.

10. APBA Guy - Aug 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I like the ballpark thing. You guys could start here in SF, since the weather has been unbelievably gorgeous lately. For you east coast guys, high 72, sunny, low humidity, slight breeze. Also, I’d like to see a featurette using Pitch f/x showing strike zones from year to year, and ump over time. Part of the reason for pitching being more dominant is that umps are actually calling more strikes. From the games I’m seeing, the calls are mainly in the zone, but there are misses.
    And when you come to SF, bring Tiffany with you.

11. Kiwicricket - Aug 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I really didn’t want to be the first to ask- but since you don’t wear pants, is it fair to assume that Tiffany doesn’t either? Sorry.

12. crotch_jenkins - Aug 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

You should spend more time talking about me.

13. onemilemore - Aug 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Brian Wilson’s spikes. I am fairly confident the ones he wore last weekend were new, non-Sharpied ones, and it made me sad. Also, why can’t he wear the orange ones? They are awesomely disgusting.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3502)