Aug 3, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Jason Marquis tossed six innings of two-run ball in a rehab start last night at Triple-A and Ben Goessling of MASNSports.com reports that he’s ready to rejoin the Nationals’ rotation following May elbow surgery.
Whether or not the Nationals are ready to welcome him back is another issue.
Marquis went 0-3 with a brutal 20.52 ERA before the surgery and the Nationals may not be ready to bump Craig Stanmen from the rotation quite yet if he pitches well tomorrow. And soon after that they’re hoping to get Stephen Strasburg back in the mix.
Marquis is making $7.5 million this season and is owed another $7.5 million next year, so as Goessling notes the Nationals aren’t going to keep him in the minors for a whole lot longer either way. He obviously has less than zero trade value at this point–and signing him never made any sense to me in the first place–but if healthy could potentially be counted on as a back-of-the-rotation starter in 2011.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)