Aug 3, 2010, 1:18 AM EDT
As the season wears on, the New York Mets are looking less and less like a playoff team. Luckily, they have Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest to cheer them up with a little rap song.
Artest hails from Queens and grew up a Mets fan, so he knows what that’s all about. He’s also known as a … um … free spirit, who is dabbling in the world of dodgeball and who made a point to thank his psychiatrist on live TV after the Lakers won the championship back in June.
Not the bombastic sort, Artest introduces his song with the inspiring “We the Mets from Queens. We lose a lot. But right now we gonna try to win. We’ll see what happens.”
He then launches into a tune that sends a win-at-all-costs message. OK that’s a lie. He basically says it’s OK to lose as long as you have “MetropoliTONS of fun.”
I’m Ron Artest, gettin’ crazy as it gets,
Flying ’round in jets, rappin’ ’bout the Mets,
Born in Queens, raised in Shea,
Grabbin’ a shake shack with my man Jason Bay,
Win some, lose some, the Mets dun dun,
We just tell ourselves success is a nuisance,
I got a ring, no need to be cranky,
Mets need 25 more to tie the Los Los Yankees.
For those of you who are particularly hardy souls, there is more in the video posted below. Hat tip (or blame) to Big League Stew.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 97
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 73
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement