Aug 3, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Steve Pearce suffered a knee injury while on a rehab assignment for an ankle injury in May and after unsuccessfully trying non-surgical options Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that he’ll go under the knife tomorrow.
Pearce will miss the remainder of this season and may not be fully healthy for start of next year, which is key because he’ll be out of minor-league options after this season and has yet to establish himself as part of the Pirates’ long-term plans.
As a minor leaguer Peace once looked like a long-term building block after hitting .333 with 31 homers, 40 doubles, and a 1.016 OPS in monster 2007 season as a 24-year-old, but he’s hit just .240/.313/.394 through 416 plate appearances in the majors and is already 27 years old.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)