Aug 3, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Steve Pearce suffered a knee injury while on a rehab assignment for an ankle injury in May and after unsuccessfully trying non-surgical options Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that he’ll go under the knife tomorrow.
Pearce will miss the remainder of this season and may not be fully healthy for start of next year, which is key because he’ll be out of minor-league options after this season and has yet to establish himself as part of the Pirates’ long-term plans.
As a minor leaguer Peace once looked like a long-term building block after hitting .333 with 31 homers, 40 doubles, and a 1.016 OPS in monster 2007 season as a 24-year-old, but he’s hit just .240/.313/.394 through 416 plate appearances in the majors and is already 27 years old.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 0
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 13
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)