Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan reports that the Cubs are putting Carlos Zambrano back into the rotation. He’ll get the start against the Giants on Monday.
This makes perfect sense. If the Cubs think they can trade Zambrano — maybe a crazy thought, but one they’ve been having — the only possible hope they have to do so hinges on Zambrano showing that he can be an effective starter. Yeah, his contract is nuts no matter what he does, but it’s less nuts if he can pitch seven effective innings every fifth day than it would be if he was a long man.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (114)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)