Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
Paul Sullivan reports that the Cubs are putting Carlos Zambrano back into the rotation. He’ll get the start against the Giants on Monday.
This makes perfect sense. If the Cubs think they can trade Zambrano — maybe a crazy thought, but one they’ve been having — the only possible hope they have to do so hinges on Zambrano showing that he can be an effective starter. Yeah, his contract is nuts no matter what he does, but it’s less nuts if he can pitch seven effective innings every fifth day than it would be if he was a long man.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)