Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
Paul Sullivan reports that the Cubs are putting Carlos Zambrano back into the rotation. He’ll get the start against the Giants on Monday.
This makes perfect sense. If the Cubs think they can trade Zambrano — maybe a crazy thought, but one they’ve been having — the only possible hope they have to do so hinges on Zambrano showing that he can be an effective starter. Yeah, his contract is nuts no matter what he does, but it’s less nuts if he can pitch seven effective innings every fifth day than it would be if he was a long man.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)