Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
Paul Sullivan reports that the Cubs are putting Carlos Zambrano back into the rotation. He’ll get the start against the Giants on Monday.
This makes perfect sense. If the Cubs think they can trade Zambrano — maybe a crazy thought, but one they’ve been having — the only possible hope they have to do so hinges on Zambrano showing that he can be an effective starter. Yeah, his contract is nuts no matter what he does, but it’s less nuts if he can pitch seven effective innings every fifth day than it would be if he was a long man.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)