Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan reports that the Cubs are putting Carlos Zambrano back into the rotation. He’ll get the start against the Giants on Monday.
This makes perfect sense. If the Cubs think they can trade Zambrano — maybe a crazy thought, but one they’ve been having — the only possible hope they have to do so hinges on Zambrano showing that he can be an effective starter. Yeah, his contract is nuts no matter what he does, but it’s less nuts if he can pitch seven effective innings every fifth day than it would be if he was a long man.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 30
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 86
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)