Aug 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Marlins’ outfielder/3B Chris Coghlan may soon begin
taking ground balls and taking batting practice, which is a sign that he will be putting
off knee surgery until after the season. Assuming a medical exam he was scheduled to have last night turned up nothing crazy, Coghlan could soon be sent
out for a rehab assignment soon.
I dunno, man. That was a pretty serious injury. Such an ambitious rehab schedule seems like pie in the sky to me.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 19
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)