Aug 4, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
Dodgers manager Joe Torre acknowledged Tuesday that Manny Ramirez suffered a setback during his rehab from a right calf strain and will need at least another week before going out on a minor league rehab assignment, according to Evan Drellich of MLB.com.
The team made the assessment after Dodgers trainer Stan Conte visited Ramirez at the club’s spring training complex in Glendale, Arizona on Tuesday.
“Until we get him on the field and playing in a rehab game, it’s really
tough to really plan on getting him back at this point in time,” Dodgers
manager Joe Torre said. “I think it’s going to be probably a couple
weeks if what Stan says [is right], and this could change depending on
how comfortable he is.”
Ramirez has been sidelined since July 16, his third trip to the disabled list this season.
His extended absence hurts the Dodgers, who currently sit on the fringes of playoff contention, but each passing day also makes it less likely that Ramirez will be traded this month. Though the club hasn’t confirmed that they would like to actually trade Ramirez, players on the disabled list cannot be placed on waivers. We’re looking at a deal in late-August, if anything.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)