Aug 4, 2010, 8:49 AM EST
It’s probably a good thing that no one truly fights in baseball anymore, but I’d be lying if I said that there wasn’t something, I dunno, deflating about seeing everyone run out onto the field to simply . . . grumble at one-another. That’s what the Indians and Red Sox did last night. Here’s some video of the
fracas heated conversation.
Leading up to all of this was two hit batters by Josh Beckett. For what it’s worth, it looked like the ball that hit Shin-Soo Choo on the knee was an accident. Watch the slow motion of the pitch: he just kind of jerked it/held onto it too long, and his walkup towards the plate after the pitch was about as close as pitchers ever get to an on-field apology to guys they plunk.
How that led to the Indians pitchers throwing behind David Ortiz and Adrian Beltre I have no idea.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)