Aug 4, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s probably a good thing that no one truly fights in baseball anymore, but I’d be lying if I said that there wasn’t something, I dunno, deflating about seeing everyone run out onto the field to simply . . . grumble at one-another. That’s what the Indians and Red Sox did last night. Here’s some video of the
fracas heated conversation.
Leading up to all of this was two hit batters by Josh Beckett. For what it’s worth, it looked like the ball that hit Shin-Soo Choo on the knee was an accident. Watch the slow motion of the pitch: he just kind of jerked it/held onto it too long, and his walkup towards the plate after the pitch was about as close as pitchers ever get to an on-field apology to guys they plunk.
How that led to the Indians pitchers throwing behind David Ortiz and Adrian Beltre I have no idea.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 13
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)