Aug 4, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s probably a good thing that no one truly fights in baseball anymore, but I’d be lying if I said that there wasn’t something, I dunno, deflating about seeing everyone run out onto the field to simply . . . grumble at one-another. That’s what the Indians and Red Sox did last night. Here’s some video of the
fracas heated conversation.
Leading up to all of this was two hit batters by Josh Beckett. For what it’s worth, it looked like the ball that hit Shin-Soo Choo on the knee was an accident. Watch the slow motion of the pitch: he just kind of jerked it/held onto it too long, and his walkup towards the plate after the pitch was about as close as pitchers ever get to an on-field apology to guys they plunk.
How that led to the Indians pitchers throwing behind David Ortiz and Adrian Beltre I have no idea.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)