Aug 4, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s probably a good thing that no one truly fights in baseball anymore, but I’d be lying if I said that there wasn’t something, I dunno, deflating about seeing everyone run out onto the field to simply . . . grumble at one-another. That’s what the Indians and Red Sox did last night. Here’s some video of the
fracas heated conversation.
Leading up to all of this was two hit batters by Josh Beckett. For what it’s worth, it looked like the ball that hit Shin-Soo Choo on the knee was an accident. Watch the slow motion of the pitch: he just kind of jerked it/held onto it too long, and his walkup towards the plate after the pitch was about as close as pitchers ever get to an on-field apology to guys they plunk.
How that led to the Indians pitchers throwing behind David Ortiz and Adrian Beltre I have no idea.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)