Aug 4, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s probably a good thing that no one truly fights in baseball anymore, but I’d be lying if I said that there wasn’t something, I dunno, deflating about seeing everyone run out onto the field to simply . . . grumble at one-another. That’s what the Indians and Red Sox did last night. Here’s some video of the
fracas heated conversation.
Leading up to all of this was two hit batters by Josh Beckett. For what it’s worth, it looked like the ball that hit Shin-Soo Choo on the knee was an accident. Watch the slow motion of the pitch: he just kind of jerked it/held onto it too long, and his walkup towards the plate after the pitch was about as close as pitchers ever get to an on-field apology to guys they plunk.
How that led to the Indians pitchers throwing behind David Ortiz and Adrian Beltre I have no idea.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)