Aug 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Yet Derek Lowe continues to go through life in perfect health.
Sorry, that was bitter. I don’t wish harm to come to Lowe. I just really wish it didn’t come to Kris Medlen. He’s young and promising and — most importantly — will likely help anchor the Braves’ rotation in the future when Derek Lowe is fishing someplace. For now, though, it looks like Dr. James Andrews is in his future.
Results of an MRI today reveals a partial tear to his ulnar collateral
ligament. The official line now is that the Braves will wait and see what’s up, but I’m having a hard time remembering a pitcher with Medlen’s diagnosis who actually just rested for a couple of weeks and then came back right as rain. If any of you can think of one please tell me, because right now I’m kind of depressed.
For the record, Medlen has been a swingman this year, and has an ERA of 3.68 ERA with 83 strikeouts and 21 walks in
107.2 innings. He stuff and his maturity make me think he could be a pretty darn good regular starter one day. Now that day is not likely to be until 2012 at the earliest.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)