Aug 5, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
UPDATE: This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter. A correction to the record has been made: it’s Carlos Santana alone getting knee surgery. Carrasco is safe and sound here in Columbus, where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.
Not a good day to be a Carlos in Cleveland, as the Indians announced that both Carlos Santana and Carlos Carrasco are going to have season-ending knee surgery tomorrow.
I guess the Indians calling Santana’s injury a “sprained knee” the other day was an exercise in optimism. Though, of course, anyone who saw the injury the other day couldn’t help but think that we weren’t going to be seeing anymore of Santana this season.
Santana will be on a 4-6 month rehabilitation. That would put him in line to be ready for the start of spring training, assuming no bumps in the road. The Indians have to hope so. His .260/.401/.467 debut showed that Santan can be an anchor for this team for years to come.
Carrasco’s situation is just as dire. Carrasco is a pitching prospect who has bounced back and forth between Cleveland and Columbus this season.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (103)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (85)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)