Aug 5, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
UPDATE: This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter. A correction to the record has been made: it’s Carlos Santana alone getting knee surgery. Carrasco is safe and sound here in Columbus, where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.
Not a good day to be a Carlos in Cleveland, as the Indians announced that both Carlos Santana and Carlos Carrasco are going to have season-ending knee surgery tomorrow.
I guess the Indians calling Santana’s injury a “sprained knee” the other day was an exercise in optimism. Though, of course, anyone who saw the injury the other day couldn’t help but think that we weren’t going to be seeing anymore of Santana this season.
Santana will be on a 4-6 month rehabilitation. That would put him in line to be ready for the start of spring training, assuming no bumps in the road. The Indians have to hope so. His .260/.401/.467 debut showed that Santan can be an anchor for this team for years to come.
Carrasco’s situation is just as dire. Carrasco is a pitching prospect who has bounced back and forth between Cleveland and Columbus this season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)