Aug 5, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter. A correction to the record has been made: it’s Carlos Santana alone getting knee surgery. Carrasco is safe and sound here in Columbus, where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.
Not a good day to be a Carlos in Cleveland, as the Indians announced that both Carlos Santana and Carlos Carrasco are going to have season-ending knee surgery tomorrow.
I guess the Indians calling Santana’s injury a “sprained knee” the other day was an exercise in optimism. Though, of course, anyone who saw the injury the other day couldn’t help but think that we weren’t going to be seeing anymore of Santana this season.
Santana will be on a 4-6 month rehabilitation. That would put him in line to be ready for the start of spring training, assuming no bumps in the road. The Indians have to hope so. His .260/.401/.467 debut showed that Santan can be an anchor for this team for years to come.
Carrasco’s situation is just as dire. Carrasco is a pitching prospect who has bounced back and forth between Cleveland and Columbus this season.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)