Aug 5, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter. A correction to the record has been made: it’s Carlos Santana alone getting knee surgery. Carrasco is safe and sound here in Columbus, where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.
Not a good day to be a Carlos in Cleveland, as the Indians announced that both Carlos Santana and Carlos Carrasco are going to have season-ending knee surgery tomorrow.
I guess the Indians calling Santana’s injury a “sprained knee” the other day was an exercise in optimism. Though, of course, anyone who saw the injury the other day couldn’t help but think that we weren’t going to be seeing anymore of Santana this season.
Santana will be on a 4-6 month rehabilitation. That would put him in line to be ready for the start of spring training, assuming no bumps in the road. The Indians have to hope so. His .260/.401/.467 debut showed that Santan can be an anchor for this team for years to come.
Carrasco’s situation is just as dire. Carrasco is a pitching prospect who has bounced back and forth between Cleveland and Columbus this season.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)