Aug 5, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Kevin Youkilis went in for a second opinion on his thumb today. The only way it could have been worse was if the doctor said “you’re ugly too.” The verdict: season ending surgery for the Red Sox’ best hitter.
I’ve been declaring the Red Sox dead for a week now, but I think this is truly the coup de grace. Youkilis was batting .307/.411/.564 and there is no one in Boston that can make up for that.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)