Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
No Rangers fan wanted to go through all of the crap they’ve gone through over the past year, but if there is one thing that could almost make this process worthwhile, it’s this:
Tom Hicks will be removed completely from any ownership role within the
organization. Prior, Hicks was going to be given less than 1 percent
ownership equity with Greenberg/Ryan with the ceremonial title of
Chairman Emeritus. That has now all been stripped.
Yes, I realize that a mere 1% stake would not have allowed him to continue to screw up Rangers’ finances, but even a ceremonial role with the team would have made it difficult to parade him through the streets in an orgy of shame, place him backwards on the back of a donkey with a mardi gras mask on his head and send him out into the desert to an unknown fate. Which is probably what should be done with him.
What? Don’t judge me. It’s a time-tested mode of punishment for those who engage in business shenanigans.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (176)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)