Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
No Rangers fan wanted to go through all of the crap they’ve gone through over the past year, but if there is one thing that could almost make this process worthwhile, it’s this:
Tom Hicks will be removed completely from any ownership role within the
organization. Prior, Hicks was going to be given less than 1 percent
ownership equity with Greenberg/Ryan with the ceremonial title of
Chairman Emeritus. That has now all been stripped.
Yes, I realize that a mere 1% stake would not have allowed him to continue to screw up Rangers’ finances, but even a ceremonial role with the team would have made it difficult to parade him through the streets in an orgy of shame, place him backwards on the back of a donkey with a mardi gras mask on his head and send him out into the desert to an unknown fate. Which is probably what should be done with him.
What? Don’t judge me. It’s a time-tested mode of punishment for those who engage in business shenanigans.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)