Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
No Rangers fan wanted to go through all of the crap they’ve gone through over the past year, but if there is one thing that could almost make this process worthwhile, it’s this:
Tom Hicks will be removed completely from any ownership role within the
organization. Prior, Hicks was going to be given less than 1 percent
ownership equity with Greenberg/Ryan with the ceremonial title of
Chairman Emeritus. That has now all been stripped.
Yes, I realize that a mere 1% stake would not have allowed him to continue to screw up Rangers’ finances, but even a ceremonial role with the team would have made it difficult to parade him through the streets in an orgy of shame, place him backwards on the back of a donkey with a mardi gras mask on his head and send him out into the desert to an unknown fate. Which is probably what should be done with him.
What? Don’t judge me. It’s a time-tested mode of punishment for those who engage in business shenanigans.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)