Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
No Rangers fan wanted to go through all of the crap they’ve gone through over the past year, but if there is one thing that could almost make this process worthwhile, it’s this:
Tom Hicks will be removed completely from any ownership role within the
organization. Prior, Hicks was going to be given less than 1 percent
ownership equity with Greenberg/Ryan with the ceremonial title of
Chairman Emeritus. That has now all been stripped.
Yes, I realize that a mere 1% stake would not have allowed him to continue to screw up Rangers’ finances, but even a ceremonial role with the team would have made it difficult to parade him through the streets in an orgy of shame, place him backwards on the back of a donkey with a mardi gras mask on his head and send him out into the desert to an unknown fate. Which is probably what should be done with him.
What? Don’t judge me. It’s a time-tested mode of punishment for those who engage in business shenanigans.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)