Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
No Rangers fan wanted to go through all of the crap they’ve gone through over the past year, but if there is one thing that could almost make this process worthwhile, it’s this:
Tom Hicks will be removed completely from any ownership role within the
organization. Prior, Hicks was going to be given less than 1 percent
ownership equity with Greenberg/Ryan with the ceremonial title of
Chairman Emeritus. That has now all been stripped.
Yes, I realize that a mere 1% stake would not have allowed him to continue to screw up Rangers’ finances, but even a ceremonial role with the team would have made it difficult to parade him through the streets in an orgy of shame, place him backwards on the back of a donkey with a mardi gras mask on his head and send him out into the desert to an unknown fate. Which is probably what should be done with him.
What? Don’t judge me. It’s a time-tested mode of punishment for those who engage in business shenanigans.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)