Aug 5, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
Everyone is wondering if this disappointing season will be the last go-around for Omar Minaya as the Mets’ general manager. Owner Fred Wilpon says that it’s an absolute certainty:
Wilpon, in East Hartford, Conn., to help announce a new partnership
between SNY and UConn athletics, brushed aside reporters’ inquiries
about his floundering Mets. But as Wilpon walked away, a Post reporter
asked if Minaya would remain the team’s GM beyond this year.
“Is the sun going to come up tomorrow?” Wilpon answered.
Of course it would explain a hell of a lot more about the state of the Mets if that question wasn’t rhetorical and Wilpon simply didn’t know.
UPDATE: Matthew Cerrone — who knows more about the inner-workings of the Mets than I’ll ever know — doesn’t think we should read too much into this.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)