Aug 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
I made all kinds of fun of Carlos Delgado’s agent sending his video around to teams the other day, but it looks like I’m the idiot now, because Ken Rosenthal says that the White Sox are showing interest.
He notes multiple other times are good fits, but it’s not clear that they’re actually interested like Chicago is. Still, the fact that even one team is toying with the notion of signing Delgado means that the dude must have worked pretty darn hard in his rehab and conditioning this summer, and for that he deserves some praise, even if he doesn’t end up signing somewhere.
Meanwhile, Jermaine Dye would like you to know that he eagled the 16th hole yesterday and then had a most satisfying club sandwich, followed by a nap.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 21
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)