Aug 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
I made all kinds of fun of Carlos Delgado’s agent sending his video around to teams the other day, but it looks like I’m the idiot now, because Ken Rosenthal says that the White Sox are showing interest.
He notes multiple other times are good fits, but it’s not clear that they’re actually interested like Chicago is. Still, the fact that even one team is toying with the notion of signing Delgado means that the dude must have worked pretty darn hard in his rehab and conditioning this summer, and for that he deserves some praise, even if he doesn’t end up signing somewhere.
Meanwhile, Jermaine Dye would like you to know that he eagled the 16th hole yesterday and then had a most satisfying club sandwich, followed by a nap.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)