Aug 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
I made all kinds of fun of Carlos Delgado’s agent sending his video around to teams the other day, but it looks like I’m the idiot now, because Ken Rosenthal says that the White Sox are showing interest.
He notes multiple other times are good fits, but it’s not clear that they’re actually interested like Chicago is. Still, the fact that even one team is toying with the notion of signing Delgado means that the dude must have worked pretty darn hard in his rehab and conditioning this summer, and for that he deserves some praise, even if he doesn’t end up signing somewhere.
Meanwhile, Jermaine Dye would like you to know that he eagled the 16th hole yesterday and then had a most satisfying club sandwich, followed by a nap.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery 0
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 11
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 119
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (118)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)