Aug 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EST
I made all kinds of fun of Carlos Delgado’s agent sending his video around to teams the other day, but it looks like I’m the idiot now, because Ken Rosenthal says that the White Sox are showing interest.
He notes multiple other times are good fits, but it’s not clear that they’re actually interested like Chicago is. Still, the fact that even one team is toying with the notion of signing Delgado means that the dude must have worked pretty darn hard in his rehab and conditioning this summer, and for that he deserves some praise, even if he doesn’t end up signing somewhere.
Meanwhile, Jermaine Dye would like you to know that he eagled the 16th hole yesterday and then had a most satisfying club sandwich, followed by a nap.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)