Buy a Chevy, have dinner with Pete Rose

Aug 6, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of either ends of that bargain, but feel free to judge for yourself from the video.

Question: Could they change it to “buy a Buick, get dinner with George Foster?”  I’ve always been a closet Buick man, and I bet Foster knows some good places to eat. And maybe the real question here is who’s paying for the dinner? I lay 3:1 odds that Rose “forgets” his wallet.

Of course, Rose would probably take those odds and fold them into a parlay involving that night’s game, so maybe it would be fun after all.

(thanks to OMG Reds for finding this jewel)

1. John_Michael - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Is that what Chuck Palahniuk meant when he said, paraphrasing, that in order to truly feel alive you need to hit rock bottom first?

2. RichardInBigD - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM

That’s just sad…

3. YankeesfanLen - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Buy the “gently used” ’73 Vega in the back lot and get TWO dinners with Pete Rose. Purchase a loaded Suburban with undercoating (looks just like an Escalade!) and you qualify for an exemption.

4. JBerardi - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Tell you what, Tom Gill Chevrolet… you see if you’ve got a VW on the lot, find out if Bill Lee is avaliable, and we’ll talk.

5. Buccofan - Aug 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I live in Cincinnati and I’m in the market for a new car. Scratch one dealer off my list.
    Dinner with George Foster? That sounds cool. I’ve talked to him a few times down at the Great American Small Park, where he does meet-and-greet stuff for the Reds. Really funny, engaging guy, still in shape and still ugly.

6. Jonny5 - Aug 6, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Why Rose is involved has to be because it’s a gamble to buy any GM product. I’d jump at a shot to sit with Rose for dinner, even if i have to spring for it.

7. Nic Geerz - Aug 6, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I would go if he brings his new girlfriend and she gives me a reacharound under the table .. then maybe

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3109)