Aug 6, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
Question: Could they change it to “buy a Buick, get dinner with George Foster?” I’ve always been a closet Buick man, and I bet Foster knows some good places to eat. And maybe the real question here is who’s paying for the dinner? I lay 3:1 odds that Rose “forgets” his wallet.
Of course, Rose would probably take those odds and fold them into a parlay involving that night’s game, so maybe it would be fun after all.
(thanks to OMG Reds for finding this jewel)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)