Aug 6, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
Question: Could they change it to “buy a Buick, get dinner with George Foster?” I’ve always been a closet Buick man, and I bet Foster knows some good places to eat. And maybe the real question here is who’s paying for the dinner? I lay 3:1 odds that Rose “forgets” his wallet.
Of course, Rose would probably take those odds and fold them into a parlay involving that night’s game, so maybe it would be fun after all.
(thanks to OMG Reds for finding this jewel)
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)