Aug 6, 2010, 4:23 PM EST
Mark Hale of the New York Post reports that Carlos Delgado worked out for the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium today. The Red Sox, of course, need a first baseman. Without any decent first basemen likely to make it through waivers, Delgado may be their best option. Though they may have to battle Chicago to get him.
Weird addition to the end of Hale’s article: “He also would bring another New York twist to the Yankees-Red Sox
rivalry, having played with the Mets from 2006 through last season.”
In what way does that add a twist? It adds no more of a twist than if the Yankees hired a guy for their mail room who used to work at a Kinkos in suburban Boston.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)