Aug 6, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
Mark Hale of the New York Post reports that Carlos Delgado worked out for the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium today. The Red Sox, of course, need a first baseman. Without any decent first basemen likely to make it through waivers, Delgado may be their best option. Though they may have to battle Chicago to get him.
Weird addition to the end of Hale’s article: “He also would bring another New York twist to the Yankees-Red Sox
rivalry, having played with the Mets from 2006 through last season.”
In what way does that add a twist? It adds no more of a twist than if the Yankees hired a guy for their mail room who used to work at a Kinkos in suburban Boston.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)