Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM EST
Carlos Silva left Monday’s Cubs-Rockies game after suffering shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat. ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine reports today that Silva will have a cardiac catheterization on Monday to determine if he needs a cardiac ablation.
I don’t really know what those things are, but Levine provides us some nice context: Mark DeRosa had both a catheterization and an ablation a couple of years ago and was back in action in relatively short order. Obviously no way of telling if Silva will be on the same track.
Here’s hoping one of 2010’s more improbably comeback stories gets a chance to continue.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)