Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Carlos Silva left Monday’s Cubs-Rockies game after suffering shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat. ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine reports today that Silva will have a cardiac catheterization on Monday to determine if he needs a cardiac ablation.
I don’t really know what those things are, but Levine provides us some nice context: Mark DeRosa had both a catheterization and an ablation a couple of years ago and was back in action in relatively short order. Obviously no way of telling if Silva will be on the same track.
Here’s hoping one of 2010′s more improbably comeback stories gets a chance to continue.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (73)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (71)