Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Carlos Silva left Monday’s Cubs-Rockies game after suffering shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat. ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine reports today that Silva will have a cardiac catheterization on Monday to determine if he needs a cardiac ablation.
I don’t really know what those things are, but Levine provides us some nice context: Mark DeRosa had both a catheterization and an ablation a couple of years ago and was back in action in relatively short order. Obviously no way of telling if Silva will be on the same track.
Here’s hoping one of 2010’s more improbably comeback stories gets a chance to continue.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)