Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Carlos Silva left Monday’s Cubs-Rockies game after suffering shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat. ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine reports today that Silva will have a cardiac catheterization on Monday to determine if he needs a cardiac ablation.
I don’t really know what those things are, but Levine provides us some nice context: Mark DeRosa had both a catheterization and an ablation a couple of years ago and was back in action in relatively short order. Obviously no way of telling if Silva will be on the same track.
Here’s hoping one of 2010’s more improbably comeback stories gets a chance to continue.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)