Aug 6, 2010, 1:10 PM EST
Carlos Silva left Monday’s Cubs-Rockies game after suffering shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat. ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine reports today that Silva will have a cardiac catheterization on Monday to determine if he needs a cardiac ablation.
I don’t really know what those things are, but Levine provides us some nice context: Mark DeRosa had both a catheterization and an ablation a couple of years ago and was back in action in relatively short order. Obviously no way of telling if Silva will be on the same track.
Here’s hoping one of 2010′s more improbably comeback stories gets a chance to continue.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)