Aug 6, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
A baseball fan participating in Mormon
Community Night at Dodger Stadium has died after collapsing on the field
during batting practice.
say Don Hawkins was standing near the third-base coach’s box Thursday
night when he fell ill. He was one of about 4,000 Mormons on hand for
the annual event, which included his wife and grandson.
Hawkins was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital at after paramedics performed CPR, but was pronounced dead.
I thought I read on Twitter last night that Hawkins was actually one of the events organizers if not the head organizer of the whole event, but I can’t find reference to it at the moment. Not that it matters I guess.
As a Mormon I’m sure Mr. Hawkins would not approve of the language, but it doesn’t change the fact that this is a damn shame.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)