HBT Daily: spite streaks, rooting for the Mets and . . . Buck Naked

Aug 6, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT

I'm not sure what's worse: my random Buck Naked reference or the fact that I pull out a "M-E-T-S Mets! Mets! Mets!" cheer. Thank God it's Friday.

I do like the concept of the “spite streak” that I made up on the spot, however. Someone should do some research into that.

1. Old Gator - Aug 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM

No chance of getting rid of that wretched fat capitalist oligarch’s car commercial is there, Tovarich?

2. Old Gator - Aug 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM

“Tiffany is back on Monday.” Sweet words.

3. YankeesfanLen - Aug 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Operative words: “Tiffany is back on Monday”

4. Jonny5 - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Duuuude. I’ve heard it all now. Craig rooting for the Mutts?? Bizarre…. Go Chooch!!! He’ll carry this team right through the Mutts!! Bam, like a spanish Emeril.

5. APBA Guy - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Glad Gator and Len have my back on the Tiffany returns thing. Makes it easier when you get up 3 hours later to know that the important things in life are being looked after. Thanks guys, I’ll look for the VW bus when you come over the bridge for the Dead game at SF :)

6. Simon DelMonte - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I’ll return the favor, Craig. When it comes down to the Braves and the Phils, I’ll root for the Braves. Mainly out of spite.
    OK, and maybe because I like Billy Wagner and Bobby Cox and want to see them go out winners.

7. John_Michael - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Craig, this and the amazing, possibly fake, catch of the decade video loaded slowly at my home laptop and the corporate issued one at the office. I’ll turn my computer off, then on again, then off, then on again and see if that clears it up…if not, just wanted to let you and the tech guys and gals know.

8. John_Michael - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

To clarify, loaded slowly = played for 5 seconds, stuttered, played for 5 seconds, stuttered…

9. Jonny5 - Aug 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM

You guys are a couple of Hookers. I can’t imagine how dirty rooting for the Mets made Craig feel… I bet right now he’s in the bottom of a scalding hot shower in the fetal position scrubbing down while sobbing” I feel sooo dirty…. waaaaa”.

10. Simon DelMonte - Aug 6, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I only feel dirty rooting for the Yankees.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3827)