Aug 6, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic — who’s in pretty entertaining form today — spoke with Red Sox owner John Henry via email today about the state of the Sox. The verdict: Not too good:
“At this point we’ll need another miracle. This team, healthy, is capable . . . However, the injuries we have had have been almost astonishing. I didn’t
think 2006 would ever be replicated. But injuries are a major part of
As is tough competition. It’s easy to forget what with nothing but bad news coming out of Boston lately, but if they were in any other division their 62-47 record would have them in or near first place. But that’s just not good enough in the AL East. Not that any of us — particularly those of us who live in Toronto or Baltimore — have any sympathy whatsoever.
It’s baseball, dudes. It happens.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17