Aug 6, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic — who’s in pretty entertaining form today — spoke with Red Sox owner John Henry via email today about the state of the Sox. The verdict: Not too good:
“At this point we’ll need another miracle. This team, healthy, is capable . . . However, the injuries we have had have been almost astonishing. I didn’t
think 2006 would ever be replicated. But injuries are a major part of
As is tough competition. It’s easy to forget what with nothing but bad news coming out of Boston lately, but if they were in any other division their 62-47 record would have them in or near first place. But that’s just not good enough in the AL East. Not that any of us — particularly those of us who live in Toronto or Baltimore — have any sympathy whatsoever.
It’s baseball, dudes. It happens.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)