Aug 6, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic — who’s in pretty entertaining form today — spoke with Red Sox owner John Henry via email today about the state of the Sox. The verdict: Not too good:
“At this point we’ll need another miracle. This team, healthy, is capable . . . However, the injuries we have had have been almost astonishing. I didn’t
think 2006 would ever be replicated. But injuries are a major part of
As is tough competition. It’s easy to forget what with nothing but bad news coming out of Boston lately, but if they were in any other division their 62-47 record would have them in or near first place. But that’s just not good enough in the AL East. Not that any of us — particularly those of us who live in Toronto or Baltimore — have any sympathy whatsoever.
It’s baseball, dudes. It happens.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)