Aug 6, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt has a case of dead arm. Matt Gleb breaks it down a bit and notes that Oswalt has been using his curveball and slider a bit more to compensate for the a lack of velocity.
Not that you’d know it from looking at last night’s box score. Oswalt gave up two runs, but both of them were still on base when he left, so the Philly bullpen should take some of that blame. He struck out five but walked four, so I guess he wasn’t terribly sharp (I didn’t tune into the game until after he had been pulled).
It’s been a pretty crazy couple of weeks for Oswalt, first as the subject of intense speculation and then moving from a going nowhere Astros team that was the only baseball home he’s ever known to an east coast pennant race. My guess: dude’s gonna be just fine.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)