Aug 6, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt has a case of dead arm. Matt Gleb breaks it down a bit and notes that Oswalt has been using his curveball and slider a bit more to compensate for the a lack of velocity.
Not that you’d know it from looking at last night’s box score. Oswalt gave up two runs, but both of them were still on base when he left, so the Philly bullpen should take some of that blame. He struck out five but walked four, so I guess he wasn’t terribly sharp (I didn’t tune into the game until after he had been pulled).
It’s been a pretty crazy couple of weeks for Oswalt, first as the subject of intense speculation and then moving from a going nowhere Astros team that was the only baseball home he’s ever known to an east coast pennant race. My guess: dude’s gonna be just fine.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)