Aug 6, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
Roy Oswalt has a case of dead arm. Matt Gleb breaks it down a bit and notes that Oswalt has been using his curveball and slider a bit more to compensate for the a lack of velocity.
Not that you’d know it from looking at last night’s box score. Oswalt gave up two runs, but both of them were still on base when he left, so the Philly bullpen should take some of that blame. He struck out five but walked four, so I guess he wasn’t terribly sharp (I didn’t tune into the game until after he had been pulled).
It’s been a pretty crazy couple of weeks for Oswalt, first as the subject of intense speculation and then moving from a going nowhere Astros team that was the only baseball home he’s ever known to an east coast pennant race. My guess: dude’s gonna be just fine.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (108)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)