Aug 6, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
Cardinals’ third baseman David Freese is out for the rest of the season due to an ankle injury, so St. Louis would like some infield help. A possible target: Andy LaRoche. That according to Rob Biertempfer of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
I know LaRoche’s stock has fallen quite a bit since his days as a prospect, but I’d have a hard time seeing him clear waivers. He’s still cheap and is a year removed from a season that, while nothing spectacular, shows that he could probably be a serviceable infielder for a non-contender (i.e. every team who has waiver claim priority over the Cardinals).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)