Aug 6, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
Cardinals’ third baseman David Freese is out for the rest of the season due to an ankle injury, so St. Louis would like some infield help. A possible target: Andy LaRoche. That according to Rob Biertempfer of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
I know LaRoche’s stock has fallen quite a bit since his days as a prospect, but I’d have a hard time seeing him clear waivers. He’s still cheap and is a year removed from a season that, while nothing spectacular, shows that he could probably be a serviceable infielder for a non-contender (i.e. every team who has waiver claim priority over the Cardinals).
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 33
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (193)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)