Aug 6, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
I thought I felt the balance of power shift in Ohio just a few minutes ago. This transaction must have been it. OK, seriously, it’s a slow day so I’ll take any transaction I can get.
Cleveland’s claim of Sutton makes sense. He’s got no power, but he has some on-base ability and could — if things broke right — stick as a utility guy who can fill in at second and third and maybe some outfield.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)