Aug 6, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
I thought I felt the balance of power shift in Ohio just a few minutes ago. This transaction must have been it. OK, seriously, it’s a slow day so I’ll take any transaction I can get.
Cleveland’s claim of Sutton makes sense. He’s got no power, but he has some on-base ability and could — if things broke right — stick as a utility guy who can fill in at second and third and maybe some outfield.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)