Aug 6, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
I thought I felt the balance of power shift in Ohio just a few minutes ago. This transaction must have been it. OK, seriously, it’s a slow day so I’ll take any transaction I can get.
Cleveland’s claim of Sutton makes sense. He’s got no power, but he has some on-base ability and could — if things broke right — stick as a utility guy who can fill in at second and third and maybe some outfield.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)